ಅರಳಿ ಕಟ್ಟೆಗೆ ಸ್ವಾಗತ. ಇದು ಕನ್ನಡ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯಾದ ಕಾರ್ಯನೀತಿಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ, ತಾಂತ್ರಿಕ ದೋಷಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ, ಹಾಗೂ ಕೆಲಸ ಕಾರ್ಯಗಳ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಚರ್ಚಿಸಲು ಮೀಸಲಾಗಿರುವ ಪುಟ.
- ನಿಮ್ಮ ಸಲಹೆ ಚರ್ಚೆ ಹಾಗೂ ಅಭಿಪ್ರಾಯಗಳು ಯಾವುದೇ ಪುಟ ಅಥವ ಟೆಂಪ್ಲೇಟಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಪಟ್ಟಿದ್ದಲ್ಲಿ ಆಯಾ ಪುಟದ ಚರ್ಚೆ ಪುಟವನ್ನು ಬಳಸಿ.
ಹೊಸ ಸದಸ್ಯರ ಗಮನಕ್ಕೆ:
- ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾದಷ್ಟೂ ಲೇಖನಗಳಿಗೆ ಸಂಬಂಧಪಟ್ಟ ಚರ್ಚೆಗಳನ್ನು ಆಯಾ ಲೇಖನದ ಚರ್ಚೆ ಪುಟಗಳಲ್ಲಿ ಸೇರಿಸಿ.
- ಅಯಾ ಲೇಖನದ ಚರ್ಚೆ ಪುಟದಲ್ಲಿ ಲೇಖನಕ್ಕೆ ಸೇರಿಸಬೇಕಿರುವ ಮಾಹಿತಿಯ ಬಗ್ಗೆ, ಅದರ ಮೇಲಾಗಬೇಕಿರುವ ಕೆಲಸದ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಬರೆದಿಡಲು -
ಟೆಂಪ್ಲೇಟ್ ಬಳಸಿ. ಉದಾಹರಣೆಗೆ: Talk:ಮಹಾಭಾರತ ನೋಡಿ.
- ಈಗಾಗಲೇ ಇರುವ ಟೆಂಪ್ಲೇಟುಗಳನ್ನು ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾದಷ್ಟೂ ಬಳಸಿ. ಹೊಸ ಟೆಂಪ್ಲೇಟುಗಳನ್ನು ಸೇರಿಸುವ ಮುನ್ನ ಒಮ್ಮೆ ಹುಡುಕಿ ನೋಡಿ.
- ವಿಶೇಷ ಪುಟಗಳನ್ನು ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾದಷ್ಟೂ ಬಳಸಿ,
- ಚಿತ್ರಗಳನ್ನು ಅಪ್ಲೋಡ್ ಮಾಡುವ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಕನ್ನಡ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ ಪಾಲಿಸಿಗಳನ್ನು (ಕಾರ್ಯನೀತಿಗಳನ್ನು) ರೂಪಿಸಬೇಕಿದೆ. ಆಂಗ್ಲ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯದಿಂದ ಚಿತ್ರಗಳಿಗಾಗಿ ಇರುವ ಲೈಸೆನ್ಸುಗಳ ಟೆಂಪ್ಲೇಟುಗಳನ್ನು ಕನ್ನಡ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯದಲ್ಲಿ ನಕಲು ಮಾಡಬೇಕಿದೆ. ಆಸಕ್ತಿಯುಳ್ಳವರು ಮುಂದೆ ಬಂದು ಪಾಲ್ಗೊಳ್ಳಿ.
Invitation to participate in the conversation
Hello. Apologies for cross-posting, and that you may not be reading this message in your native language: translations of the following announcement may be available on Meta. Please help translate to your language. Thank you!
We are excited to share a draft of the Universal Code of Conduct, which the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees called for earlier this year, for your review and feedback. The discussion will be open until October 6, 2020.
The UCoC Drafting Committee wants to learn which parts of the draft would present challenges for you or your work. What is missing from this draft? What do you like, and what could be improved?
Please join the conversation and share this invitation with others who may be interested to join, too.
To reduce language barriers during the process, you are welcomed to translate this message and the Universal Code of Conduct/Draft review. You and your community may choose to provide your opinions/feedback using your local languages.
To learn more about the UCoC project, see the Universal Code of Conduct page, and the FAQ, on Meta.
Thanks in advance for your attention and contributions, The Trust and Safety team at Wikimedia Foundation
, ೧೭:೫೫, ೧೦ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ ೨೦೨೦ (UTC)
Indic Wikisource Proofreadthon II and Central Notice
Sorry for writing this message in English - feel free to help us translating it
After successful first Online Indic Wikisource Proofreadthon hosted and organised by CIS-A2K in May 2020, again we are planning to conduct one more Indic Wikisource Proofreadthon II.I would request to you, please submit your opinion about the dates of contest and help us to fix the dates. Please vote for your choice below.
Last date of submit of your vote on 24th September 2020, 11:59 PM
I really hope many Indic Wikisource proofreader will be present this time.
Please comment on CentralNotice banner proposal for Indic Wikisource Proofreadthon 2020 for the Indic Wikisource contest. (1 Oct2020 - 15 Oct, all IPs from India, Bangladesh, Srilanka, all project). Thank you.
Thanks for your attention
Wikisource Advisor, CIS-A2K
Mahatma Gandhi edit-a-thon on 2 and 3 October 2020
Please feel free to translate the message.
Hope this message finds you well. We want to inform you that CIS-A2K is going to organise a mini edit-a-thon for two days on 2 and 3 October 2020 during Mahatma Gandhi's birth anniversary. This is not related to a particular project rather participants can contribute to any Wikimedia project (such as Wikipedia, Wikidata, Wikimedia Commons, Wikiquote). The topic of the edit-a-thon is: Mahatma Gandhi and his works and contribution. Please participate in this event. For more information and details please visit the event page here. Thank you. — User:Nitesh (CIS-A2K) Sent using MediaWiki message delivery (ಚರ್ಚೆ) ೧೧:೨೪, ೨೮ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ ೨೦೨೦ (UTC)
Wiki of functions naming contest
Please help translate to your language.
Hello. Please help pick a name for the new Wikimedia wiki project. This project will be a wiki where the community can work together on a library of functions. The community can create new functions, read about them, discuss them, and share them. Some of these functions will be used to help create language-independent Wikipedia articles that can be displayed in any language, as part of the Abstract Wikipedia project. But functions will also be usable in many other situations.
There will be two rounds of voting, each followed by legal review of candidates, with voting beginning on 29 September and 27 October. Our goal is to have a final project name selected on 8 December. If you would like to participate, then please learn more and vote now
at meta-wiki. Thank you! --Quiddity (WMF)
೨೧:೨೦, ೨೯ ಸೆಪ್ಟೆಂಬರ್ ೨೦೨೦ (UTC)
ಈಗಾಗಲೇ ಇರುವ ಲೇಖನಗಳನ್ನು ವಿಕೀಕರಿಸುವ ಬಗ್ಗೆ
https://kn.wikipedia.org/s/1fz7 .— ಈ ಸಹಿ ಮಾಡದ ಕಾಮೆಂಟ್ ಸೇರಿಸಿದವರು Sudheerbs (ಚರ್ಚೆ • ಸಂಪಾದನೆಗಳು)
- ಕನ್ನಡ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯಾದಲ್ಲಿ ನಿಯಮಿತವಾಗಿ/ನಿರಂತರವಾಗಿ ವಿಕಿಗೆ ಕೊಡುಗೆ ನೀಡುವ ಯಾವುದೇ ಬಳಕೆದಾರರು ಇಲ್ಲದಿರುವುದರಿಂದ, ನೀವು ಬಯಸಿದರೆ ನೀವು ಮೇಲಿನ ಪುಟಗಳನ್ನು ನವೀಕರಿಸಬಹುದು, ಲೇಖನಗಳ ಸುಧಾರಣೆಯನ್ನು ಸೂಚಿಸಿದ್ದಕ್ಕಾಗಿ ಧನ್ಯವಾದಗಳು.★ Anoop✉ ೦೯:೪೦, ೧೦ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ ೨೦೨೦ (UTC)
Call for feedback about Wikimedia Foundation Bylaws changes and Board candidate rubric
Hello. Apologies if you are not reading this message in your native language. Please help translate to your language.
Today the Wikimedia Foundation Board of Trustees starts two calls for feedback. One is about changes to the Bylaws mainly to increase the Board size from 10 to 16 members. The other one is about a trustee candidate rubric to introduce new, more effective ways to evaluate new Board candidates. The Board welcomes your comments through 26 October. For more details, check the full announcement.
Thank you! Qgil-WMF (talk) ೧೭:೧೭, ೭ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ ೨೦೨೦ (UTC)
Regional Call for South Asia - Oct. 30
Hi everyone. The time has come to put Movement Strategy into work and we need your help. We are inviting South Asian communities, Indian Wikimedians, and anyone else interested to join a region-focused conversation on Movement Strategy and implementation. Please join us on Friday Oct. 30 at 19.30 / 7:30 pm IST (Google Meet).
The purpose of the meeting is to get prepared for global conversations, to identify priorities for implementation in 2021, and to plan the following steps. There are 10 recommendations and they propose multiple 45 initiatives written over two years by many Wikimedians. It is now up to communities to decide which ones we should work on together in 2021, starting with local and regional conversations. Global meetings will take place later in November when we will discuss global coordination and resources. More information about the global events will be shared soon.
- What is work you’re already doing that is aligned with Movement Strategy?
- What are priorities for you in 2021?
- What are things we should all work on globally?
We would not be able to grow and diversify as a movement if communities from South Asia are not meaningfully involved in implementing the recommendations. Join the conversation with your questions and ideas, or just come to say hi. See you on Friday October 30.
A translatable version of this message can be found on Meta.
MPourzaki (WMF) (talk) ೧೭:೨೪, ೧೯ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ ೨೦೨೦ (UTC)
Important: maintenance operation on October 27
Read this message in another language • Please help translate to your language
The Wikimedia Foundation tests the switch between its first and secondary data centers. This will make sure that Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia wikis can stay online even after a disaster. To make sure everything is working, the Wikimedia Technology department needs to do a planned test. This test will show if they can reliably switch from one data centre to the other. It requires many teams to prepare for the test and to be available to fix any unexpected problems.
They will switch all traffic back to the primary data center on Tuesday, October 27 2020.
Unfortunately, because of some limitations in MediaWiki, all editing must stop while the switch is made. We apologize for this disruption, and we are working to minimize it in the future.
You will be able to read, but not edit, all wikis for a short period of time.
- You will not be able to edit for up to an hour on Tuesday, October 27. The test will start at 14:00 UTC (14:00 WET, 15:00 CET, 10:00 EDT, 19:30 IST, 07:00 PDT, 23:00 JST, and in New Zealand at 03:00 NZDT on Wednesday October 28).
- If you try to edit or save during these times, you will see an error message. We hope that no edits will be lost during these minutes, but we can't guarantee it. If you see the error message, then please wait until everything is back to normal. Then you should be able to save your edit. But, we recommend that you make a copy of your changes first, just in case.
- Background jobs will be slower and some may be dropped. Red links might not be updated as quickly as normal. If you create an article that is already linked somewhere else, the link will stay red longer than usual. Some long-running scripts will have to be stopped.
- There will be code freezes for the week of October 26, 2020. Non-essential code deployments will not happen.
This project may be postponed if necessary. You can read the schedule at wikitech.wikimedia.org
. Any changes will be announced in the schedule. There will be more notifications about this. A banner will be displayed on all wikis 30 minutes before this operation happens. Please share this information with your community.
-- Trizek (WMF) (talk) ೧೭:೧೦, ೨೧ ಅಕ್ಟೋಬರ್ ೨೦೨೦ (UTC)