ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ:ಸಮ್ಮಿಲನ/೩

ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ ಇಂದ
Jump to navigation Jump to search

ದಿನಾಂಕ ಮತ್ತು ಸ್ಥಳ[ಬದಲಾಯಿಸಿ]

ಮಾರ್ಚ್ ೭, ೨೦೧೨ - ಐ.‌ಆರ್.ಸಿ ಚಾನೆಲ್ #wikipedia-kn

ಸಮಯ[ಬದಲಾಯಿಸಿ]

ರಾತ್ರಿ ೯:೦೦ ಕ್ಕೆ

ಭಾಗವಹಿಸುವವರು[ಬದಲಾಯಿಸಿ]

  1. ಓಂಶಿವಪ್ರಕಾಶ್
  2. Shiju Alex
  3. M G Harish
  4. Abhiram C

ಸಭಾ ವಿವರಣೆ[ಬದಲಾಯಿಸಿ]

[21:04] == VASANTH [75c670e8@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.198.112.232] has joined #wikipedia-kn
[21:05] <Shiju> Good evening vasnath
[21:05] <VASANTH> hi all I am vasanth here
[21:05] <techfiz> VASANTH: hi... nice to catch up with you
[21:06] <Shiju> Vasanth, it is really nice to have you here. I think this is the first time you are joining Kannada IRC meet
[21:07] <VASANTH> yes i am also very happy to join you in discussion
[21:08] <Shiju> ok. we shall wait for 5 min for Harish to join. Then we shall start
[21:08] == aravindavk [~user@122.167.255.164] has joined #wikipedia-kn
[21:09] <techfiz> aravindavk: welcome
[21:09] <aravindavk> techfiz: thanks :)
[21:09] <techfiz> Shiju: you haven't met aravindavk before.. but would be interesting to see how he can help us around Kn Wikipedia
[21:10] <Shiju> sure. all are wlecome
[21:10] <Shiju> We will have a breif introdcution before we start. Hope harish will join soon. Then we shall start
[21:11] <aravindavk> sure
[21:15] <Shiju> My self Shiju Alex. A Malayalam wikipedian. Being with wikipedia for more than 5 years. Now involved with community building of indic languages wikis. Now i am based in Delhi
[21:15] == raama|dinner has changed nick to raama
[21:15] <Shiju> it will be nice if others also introduced them selves
[21:16] <raama> This is time for our personal introduction
[21:16] <techfiz> Harish will be in now :)
[21:16] <VASANTH> we are very happy to notice your service in kannada wiki shiju
[21:17] == Harish_ [7aac212c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.172.33.44] has joined #wikipedia-kn
[21:17] <VASANTH> i am vasanth, manager in a construction company, situated at Dharmasthala near Mangalore
[21:17] <Harish_> Hi all
[21:17] <Harish_> sorry for the delay
[21:17] <raama> I'm Abhiram C(Abhiraama), completed my BE in bang and presently working for sometime with Samskrita Bharati for samskrit wikipedia and wanting to edit at kannda since its my mother tongue
[21:17] * raama welcomes Harish to the meeting :)
[21:17] <Harish_> ಧನ್ಯವಾದ
[21:18] <Shiju> Nice. So we have Kannadigas from south Karnataka also
[21:18] <VASANTH> south kanara
[21:18] <raama> okay...
[21:18] <Shiju> yeah, kanara :)
[21:18] <Harish_> ಇಲ್ಲಿರೋರಿಗೆಲ್ಲರಿಗೂ ಕನ್ನಡ ಓದಕ್ಕೆ ಬರುತ್ತಾ?
[21:19] <raama> yes
[21:19] <VASANTH> yes
[21:19] <raama> except shiju who might not be that proficient :(
[21:19] <Harish_> ನಾನು ಹರೀಶ, ಬೆಂಗಳೂರಿನಲ್ಲಿ ಇಂಜಿನಿಯರ್ ಆಗಿ ಕೆಲಸ ಮಾಡ್ತಿದೀನಿ .. ಊರು ಸಾಗರ
[21:19] <raama> sorry to say that sir :(
[21:19] <Harish_> ಶಿಜುಗೆ ಬರುತ್ತೆ :)
[21:19] <Shiju> eventhough I can read, write, and understand kannada i am not that much fluent
[21:19] <techfiz> I'm Omshivaprakash from Bangalore, have been around Wikipedia since 2006. Though editing has been very limited, very much involved in engaging users around wiki. Currently I have volunteered to gear up community around Kn wiki thorugh a Special Interest group
[21:20] <techfiz> Shiju: you're good enough to be called Kannadiga and you prove it again and again :)
[21:20] <Shiju> So just for today's meeting I request to keep the discussion in English. :)
[21:20] <techfiz> aravindavk: intro please
[21:20] <VASANTH> i am interested mainly starting up new article in science subject
[21:20] <Harish_> OK No probl
[21:21] <techfiz> VASANTH: observed your writeups, keep up the good work.
[21:21] <techfiz> btw my wiki User:Omshivaprakash
[21:21] <aravindavk> notifications was disabled in Emacs :)
[21:21] <aravindavk> I am Aravinda (http://aravindavk.in)
[21:22] <Shiju> So we shall start. I am happy that 6 of us are here to discuss about Kannada wikipedia
[21:22] <Shiju>http://kn.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%95%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%AA%E0%B3%80%E0%B2%A1%E0%B2%BF%E0%B2%AF:%E0%B2%85%E0%B2%A8%E0%B3%81%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%BE%E0%B2%A6%E0%B2%97%E0%B3%8A%E0%B2%82%E0%B2%A1_%E0%B2%B2%E0%B3%87%E0%B2%96%E0%B2%A8%E0%B2%97%E0%B2%B3_%E0%B2%B8%E0%B2%82%E0%B2%B5%E0%B2%B0%E0%B3%8D%E0%B2%A7%E0%B2%A8%E0%B2%BE_%E0%B2%AF%E0%B3%8B%E0%B2%9C%E0%B2%A8%E0%B3%86
[21:22] <raama> by the way, how abt ur work ?
[21:22] <aravindavk> I am from Sringeri, living in Bangalore. First time in wiki IRC
[21:23] <Shiju> our discussion will be around this special wiki project
[21:23] <Harish_> Tejas may not join.. He's yet to come from office
[21:23] <Shiju> that is fine. Harish can update Tejas since they stay together
[21:24] <techfiz> ಅನುವಾದಗೊಂಡ_ಲೇಖನಗಳ_ಸಂವರ್ಧನಾ_ಯೋಜನೆ - is a brain child of Shiju - and he has been tirelessly behind us to get the community join hands in this efforts ... much appreciated
[21:24] * raama applauds
[21:24] <Shiju> As you all might know, Google has run a project in 2010-2011 in kn wiki mainly to improve their translation memeory
[21:25] <raama> okay
[21:25] <Shiju> using paid translators they translated some 1200 articles from en wiki to kn wiki
[21:25] <Shiju> the current google translation facility you see in google is an after effect of this
[21:26] <VASANTH> is machine translation improve with more translations happens?
[21:26] <Shiju> it might
[21:27] <techfiz> User:Raaghavam who is listed first on this project will join hands with this project, but his inclusion has been delayed due to his office shift etc.
[21:27] <VASANTH> i used and translated some article but machine translations are very bad and I have to rewrite
[21:27] <Shiju> but if you look at these articles we can see that even though it has some formating and translation issues, it is fairly good
[21:28] <Shiju> which means if we put some effort to clean up these, we will get excellent articles in kn wiki
[21:28] <techfiz> VASANTH: it will take some more time to see a better version, but the articles added on wiki are not just translated from tool but there were few editors paid by Google
[21:29] <Shiju> even though I thought it is only 1200 articles, kananda wikipedian Vinaykumar has digged up even more artciles
[21:29] <raama> hmmmm
[21:29] <VASANTH> most of articles should be rewritten
[21:29] <Shiju> so the number of translated articles is about 1800 to 2000 now
[21:29] <techfiz> Shiju: yeah ;) observed it on list
[21:30] <Shiju> which means almost 20% of kn wiki :)
[21:30] <Shiju> so it is important that we approach this project systematically
[21:30] * techfiz agree
[21:30] <VASANTH> i agree
[21:30] <Shiju> other wise we may not achieve the goal
[21:31] <aravindavk> is it possible to automate/script to fix the formatting errors. If we find any pattern
[21:31] <Shiju> that is possible I guess. tejas was already telling this
[21:31] <aravindavk> hmm
[21:31] <Shiju> there are certain tasks that can be automated. That we do not need to take up
[21:32] <aravindavk> hmm.. ok
[21:32] <Shiju> after discussing with Tejas, Shiva and others we have identified some 14 tasks
[21:32] <Harish_> aravindavk.. I & Tejas have some scripts which we keep using for our own use
[21:33] <Shiju> I suggest first go through that task and identify any update is required for that
[21:33] <techfiz> aravindavk: tejas is already on some of it
[21:33] <aravindavk> ok Harish_
[21:33] <aravindavk> techfiz: nice
[21:34] <Shiju> I feel if we finish all those tasks for an article then we will get reasonably article
[21:34] <techfiz> regarding the scripts, its better to use it once we finish the general tasks which requires manual intervention
[21:34] * raama says yes
[21:34] <Shiju> Shiva/Harish/Others what you peple say about the 14 tasks
[21:35] * aravindavk reading 14 tasks
[21:35] <VASANTH> manual work is very huge
[21:35] <techfiz> Shiju: we might have to check the order of the tasks
[21:35] <raama> I thought we could assign one task for infoboxes
[21:35] <techfiz> VASANTH: I agree but at stages we can reduce the manual work , please check some of the tasks which can be automated through scripts
[21:35] <Harish_> They're reasonable.. Only suggestion from my side is that we should not remove the red links just because they're red links.. If we can write an article about those subjects, it would be good
[21:36] <techfiz> Harish_: +1
[21:36] <Shiju> that is a good suggestion I guess harish
[21:36] <techfiz> Harish_: that was the main reason for me to push the tasks down to be performed by scripts
[21:36] <raama> and still there is somebody who is still uploading photos to kn wp
[21:36] <Shiju> I am ok with that. Only issue is some translators did the hyperlinking very badly
[21:37] <techfiz> We might come out with some articles which are already in Kn wiki - some of the red links might be pointing to english
[21:37] <Shiju> So I am not sure how to handle redlinks in that case
[21:37] <VASANTH> is red link pointing to english wiki is necessary?
[21:38] <techfiz> Shiju, we will keep the red link removal task as a last option , may be we can work on it block by block
[21:38] <techfiz> VASANTH: nope, we preffer that to point to Kannada itself
[21:38] <Shiju> ok, shiva
[21:38] <techfiz> For example ೧.೧.೧ 1 to 10 - we will finish this first and then remove the red links in case we find it too hard to add articles.
[21:39] <aravindavk> hmm
[21:39] <raama> okay
[21:39] <techfiz> Mean while, we can identify if we can encourage anybody to start a parallel project to work on some essential keywords
[21:39] <Shiju> that is a good suggestion. We will not be doing redlink removal in the initial pahse. We shall tale it up a later stage
[21:39] <techfiz> related to places, people etc
[21:39] <VASANTH> ok
[21:39] <Shiju> So tasks decison is made
[21:39] <raama> wat type of keywords required?
[21:40] <Shiju> next is slecting articles for the project
[21:40] <raama> shiju: wat abt the infoboxes task?
[21:40] <techfiz> raama: Infoboxes is a good suggestion
[21:40] <Shiju> infobxes and templates can be done
[21:40] <techfiz> Yes, while working on some of these articles we can fix up the info boxes as well
[21:40] <Harish_> who's good at wiki mark ups? Tejas is good at it.. I know only basics of that
[21:40] <raama> I persuade for that since for lady gaga, there is no good infobox to put there
[21:41] <Shiju> as you can see there are close to 2000 articles now
[21:41] <techfiz> May be we will have some default set info boxes for many of these articles
[21:41] <techfiz> I have fixed some for biology articles recently
[21:41] <raama> for infoboxes we need ppl knowing the codes better
[21:41] <raama> and who are able to do it faster
[21:41] <Shiju> so on what basis we shall prioritze articles for our project
[21:41] <Harish_> yes.. raama .. that's what I meant when I said wiki mark ups :)
[21:41] <raama> okay...
[21:42] <Harish_> I think first priority should be info boxes
[21:42] <techfiz> raama: yes, Harish_ no idea how much good I'm at it. Getting issues fixed so far on those
[21:42] <raama> and wat abt the photos on kn wp?
[21:42] <Shiju> now articles are placed based on the translator usernames
[21:42] <raama> today also there was this photo uploaded on kn wp
[21:42] <techfiz> Shiju: can we categorize the article based on subjects ?
[21:42] <VASANTH> good idea
[21:43] <Harish_> let the photos be there for now.. later we can write a bot to move all of them :)
[21:43] <raama> then I take up the entertainment part
[21:43] <techfiz> Harish_: good point regarding the photos ;)
[21:43] <Shiju> it is very difficult as one person has to go through each of these articles and categorize them
[21:43] <techfiz> Shiju: valid point ..
[21:43] <Shiju> my suggestion is, we shall take articles by one translator and work on it
[21:44] <raama> means?
[21:44] <techfiz> Why don't we take one bunch of articles from each translator at a time?
[21:44] <Shiju> yeah, that is what I meant
[21:44] <techfiz> Say 10 each to bring in different set of articles live
[21:45] <techfiz> surely the language of different editors would be different and they might have worked on different set of subjects
[21:45] <Harish_> I suggest that we select some articles which are related to our country and region and start working on them
[21:45] <Harish_> I am sure nobody will search for Lady Gaga in Kannada
[21:45] <Shiju> harish, issue with that is we need to go through all 2000 articles
[21:45] <raama> yeah but most of those translated ones dont belong to our country
[21:45] <techfiz> Harish_: lol!
[21:46] <Shiju> if we go through users you can see that there are few users who worked on india related articles also
[21:46] <Shiju> so in the initial stage we will take up those users
[21:46] <Harish_> yes.. but that's one time activity.. and just by looking at the title we can decide, needed or not needed
[21:47] <Shiju> For example I found artilces by ಸದಸ್ಯ:Divyaswamy is reasonably good
[21:48] <techfiz> yes, there are some good amount of science and other set of articles
[21:48] <techfiz> which serve the basic set of keywords for major articles as well
[21:48] <techfiz> sociology etc
[21:48] <Harish_> yes
[21:48] <Shiju> so between oursleves we decide on one user and work on that
[21:49] <VASANTH> yes
[21:49] <raama> i can try..
[21:49] <Shiju> the main project page should list only these articles at a point of time
[21:49] <Shiju> the finished articles we can move to a sub page
[21:50] <techfiz> yeah, thats a good idea..
[21:50] <Shiju> So can we decide on that set of articles now itself?
[21:50] <raama> yes
[21:50] <Harish_> Shiju, I feel it will be tedious and boring if we select one user's articles.. (at least for me)
[21:51] <Shiju> For that we shall give the liberty to users to work on any article they like,
[21:51] <raama> that will be good
[21:51] <Shiju> out of the 2000 articles. what you say harish
[21:52] <raama> since all users wil not be intereseted in one particular thing
[21:52] <Shiju> I am saying this from project management part
[21:52] <techfiz> is there a way to add user controls to wiki pages :) to select articles - like dropdown box etc?
[21:52] <Harish_> yes..
[21:52] <Shiju> other wise all will be working on all 2000 articles and we do not have any idea when can we finish all these
[21:53] <Harish_> my reply was to Shiju .. not to techfiz :P
[21:53] <techfiz> ;) was about to ask that
[21:53] <Shiju> So my suggestion is, we shall take up one user. It will have almost 100 articles. i think articles will be on various subjects
[21:54] <Shiju> so to some extent harish's concern can be addressed there
[21:54] <techfiz> Let us try taking 10 articles from top few editors first and see how it goes
[21:55] <Shiju> yeah, we shall review this process at a later stage
[21:55] <VASANTH> ok
[21:55] <Shiju> for time i suggest Harish to decide on the user, since harish is specific about the topic
[21:55] <techfiz> :)
[21:56] <Harish_> hahha
[21:56] <techfiz> Harish_: grab your fav editors for the day
[21:56] <techfiz> *editor
[21:56] <Harish_> i'm not specific on any subject.. my fav thing is to edit mistakes :P
[21:56] <techfiz> lol! ;) does that mean.....
[21:57] <Harish_> ok.. let's take the first one
[21:57] <Harish_> Raghavam
[21:57] <Shiju> lady gaga is there :)
[21:57] <raama> fine with me
[21:57] <Harish_> I'll just skip those things Shiju :)
[21:57] <techfiz> ;) lady gaga with love to start with
[21:57] <raama> I can complete the task1 there
[21:57] <Harish_> I've no interest in her :P ;)
[21:57] <Shiju> :)
[21:57] <Shiju> so that is also solved
[21:58] <Shiju> Now the third important part
[21:58] <Shiju> We need to localize this project
[21:58] <raama> task mamanegement
[21:58] <Shiju> now most of the things are in English
[21:58] <raama> *management
[21:58] <techfiz> especially in info boxes etc
[21:58] <Shiju> hope some of you can take up that
[21:58] <Harish_> you mean translate the page?
[21:58] <Shiju> yeah :)
[21:59] <Shiju> that is not much an issue
[21:59] <Harish_> why not give it to the same machine.. google trasnlator .. and help it become more humane :P
[21:59] <raama> I think its better to bring infoboxes frm enwp
[21:59] <raama> rather than designing ourselves
[21:59] <Harish_> yes. +1 raama
[21:59] <VASANTH> thats good
[21:59] <raama> and just change names wherever required
[21:59] <Harish_> we need to translate the infobox contents
[21:59] <techfiz> raama: +1
[22:00] <raama> since I did tht to all sa-wp templates
[22:00] <VASANTH> it can be done
[22:00] <techfiz> We shall list the best templates for the furture use on community page somewhere
[22:00] <raama> and there are lots of artciles in knwp where there is a table designed for infobox rathere than a template
[22:00] <raama> okay
[22:01] * raama says it was for techfiz
[22:01] <Shiju> and finally about using this project to reach out to more kannada people
[22:02] <Shiju> We need to advertise it using FB group, kn wiki mailing list and other forums
[22:02] <raama> yes shiju
[22:02] <Shiju> so that more people will join the project
[22:02] <raama> we need more advt here since most ppl go with there individual blogs
[22:03] <techfiz> Yes, advt is a good idea ..
[22:03] <VASANTH> blog is one forum we can use
[22:03] <Shiju> I hope Shiva and others who are involved in various kannada forums can take up this task
[22:03] <techfiz> Btw.. I have an another point to add here... I have started pointing my column readers to reach wikipedia for more information or research :)
[22:04] <raama> good shiva :)
[22:04] <techfiz> Check my tomm's column talking about en wiki to read more about Operating Systems
[22:04] <techfiz> We will do the same with Kn wiki
[22:04] <raama> yes techfiz
[22:04] <Shiju> the important thing is, if new users comers come we need existing wikipedians supporting them
[22:04] <Harish_> I know one guy called Om Shiva Prakash.. He has a blog where he writes good info about Linux.. I wonder what's preventing him in updating the same Linux page in KN WP :P
[22:04] <Shiju> in most indic wikis, that is a rael issue
[22:04] <raama> +1 harish :)
[22:04] <raama> but sry shiva abt that
[22:05] <Shiju> support for newbies is an important thing
[22:05] <techfiz> lol! That has been one of the big pending tasks on my list
[22:05] <techfiz> My major project on kn wiki is to ensure that we have all info on FLOSS in Kannada
[22:05] <raama> techfiz: make it priority 1
[22:05] <techfiz> but atm we have to work on quite a bit of other content
[22:05] <raama> I can help mewbies on knwp
[22:05] <raama> *newbies
[22:06] <Shiju> ok
[22:06] <raama> wat type of work can be done with newbies and for newbies...
[22:06] <techfiz> will ensure that atleast what ever I'm writing for tech kannada reaches Wiki asap
[22:07] <techfiz> as there is a flow and needed for newbies
[22:07] <Harish_> techfiz : point them to KN WP wherever possible, instead of EN WP
[22:07] <Harish_> so that they know there's KN WP also
[22:07] <techfiz> Harish_: yes, that is the idea - but we need articles first on kn wiki..
[22:07] <techfiz> I have mentioned about Kn wiki already in my earlier article
[22:08] <Harish_> Recently in a FB group I asked a lady to update articles in KN WP.. She started laughing ..
[22:08] <Harish_> When I asked the reason, I was very much shocked
[22:08] <Harish_> She didn't even know that there is KN WP :)
[22:08] <Shiju> :(
[22:08] <techfiz> don't just ask for updating, engage them with this community..
[22:09] <raama> we need some publicity through newspapers
[22:09] <Harish_> She though I was kidding, telling her to update KN WP
[22:09] <techfiz> Harish_: please share the reason , may be someonne from us can help reasoning that
[22:09] <raama> Especially in kannada newspapers and not in english papers
[22:09] <Harish_> techfiz : didn't get you
[22:09] <techfiz> raama: I have taken up that task, trying to push it where ever possible.
[22:10] <techfiz> If any of you can write in detail about Kn wiki, I can get it through couple of news papers
[22:10] <raama> u know we had an article on sa-wp in kannadaprabha sometime back
[22:10] <VASANTH> yes there is no publicity about kn wp in kannada papers
[22:10] <Shiju> So let us come to the last point. We need a project manager for this project. I suggest Shiva/Harish to take that role
[22:10] <techfiz> VASANTH: no one writes, editors can't write about it as they know little about technical stuff
[22:10] <Harish_> I can write article.. but not in a hurry :) it will be arivu sanchaya :P
[22:11] <raama> any of the wiki known ppl can write it...
[22:11] <techfiz> Harish_: Arivina Alegalu is going to be big this time, ensure you keep tab for Kannada wiki on it
[22:12] <Harish_> okay techfiz.. "please share the reason , may be someonne from us can help reasoning that" - still i didn't get this
[22:12] <techfiz> raama: yes, this time as we have initiated this project as well - we can write community members experiences, questions and answers and more... Shiju can add points too for the article
[22:12] <raama> techfiz: is it possible if I can write an article for the knwiki
[22:12] <techfiz> Harish_: you gave that , I mean you said why she laughed at it
[22:12] <VASANTH> can we contact some organisations like kannada sahitya parishad,
[22:12] <techfiz> raama: sure thing.. go ahead, I can help rewriting in case needed
[22:13] <raama> sure :)
[22:13] <raama> I'll start writing it, will ask ur help abt wiki things required
[22:13] <techfiz> VASANTH: We should engage these organizations with specific goal sets to achieve otherwise it will end up as a simple meetup.
[22:14] <techfiz> raama: sure thing
[22:14] <raama> its better we start with wiki academis at school or college levels?
[22:14] <techfiz> Harish_: what you say about project management
[22:14] <VASANTH> i am also thinking so
[22:14] <Harish_> what should i say?!
[22:15] <VASANTH> harish : agree
[22:15] <techfiz> raama: yes :( there is a college ready to do it near tumkur road. I'm unable to travel during weekdays
[22:15] <techfiz> Harish_: can you volunteer to be the PM for this project
[22:15] <raama> I can help if somebody frm the community is ready for that.......
[22:15] <raama> this was wiki academies
[22:16] <raama> and not for PM :P
[22:16] <techfiz> raama: Need help in reaching out HOD's or pricipals who need some help understanding the need of wiki academies
[22:16] <raama> atleast for kn language sake
[22:16] <techfiz> if any of you can reach out it would be great! I'm trying to push those meetups to saturdays though
[22:17] <techfiz> raama: :P thought we got a new PM on board
[22:17] <raama> and knowledge in kannada is essential now since the children in bang dont know how to write and read kn
[22:17] <Shiju> hey, let us first finish this wiki project thing and move to other topics
[22:17] <raama> yes sir :)
[22:18] <Harish_> hahha.. PM!! In wiki I don't think there is such concept :) all are volunteers.. but as a management for the namesake, yes I can take it up
[22:18] <techfiz> Shiju: raama yes, just in case any college comes forward, wiki academy would be a weekend project for us
[22:19] * raama nods
[22:19] <techfiz> Harish_: great! ;) concepts we can create if needed for the sake of smooth sailing
[22:19] <Shiju> :) for this big project we just need to some guidelines
[22:19] <Shiju> that is it
[22:19] <Shiju> not controlling
[22:19] <Harish_> right
[22:19] <techfiz> Shiju: +1 -
[22:19] <Harish_> tejas
[22:19] <Harish_> came
[22:19] <techfiz> Harish_: drag and drop
[22:20] <Harish_> lol.. will give MOM to him :P
[22:20] * techfiz ;)
[22:20] <Shiju> Shiva, Could you make a minutes of our meeting and share with all of us. We shall start working on the project tomorrow itslf
[22:21] <Shiju> and add to wiki also
[22:21] <techfiz> Alright, I might take a little time by morning it should be with you all..
[22:21] <VASANTH> Let us dicide what task we have to take up individually and if possible set a time frame to complete
[22:22] <raama> thats a good idea vasanth
[22:22] * techfiz Congratulations Harish_ much appreciated
[22:23] <techfiz> VASANTH: yes, that is true. many of us are squeezing in time so that can be used efficiently through this project
[22:23] <Shiju> I can help bit with infobox and template creation
[22:23] <raama> sure sir :)
[22:23] <techfiz> Shiju: cool
[22:23] == Teju2friends [7aac212c@gateway/web/freenode/ip.122.172.33.44] has joined #wikipedia-kn
[22:23] * raama welcomes tejas
[22:23] <techfiz> Teju2friends: welcome
[22:24] <Shiju> Welcome Tejas
[22:24] <Harish_> Teju2friends: ಬಾ ಪುಟ್ಟ :)
[22:24] <VASANTH> i can translate template and infobox if needed
[22:24] <raama> how abt the coding vasanth?
[22:24] <Shiju> sure, then I shall work with Vasanth regaridng template and infobox
[22:25] <Harish_> raama Most infoboxes don't need coding
[22:25] <VASANTH> i am not so much familiar with technical stuffs
[22:25] <Harish_> we can take them as-is from EN WP
[22:25] <raama> we dont need coding
[22:25] <Shiju> yeah, that is what i used to do
[22:25] <Harish_> but if needed, just now coding expert Teju2friends has arrived..
[22:25] <raama> but need to know where to translate those words
[22:25] <techfiz> Between if there is anything related to Theater, please let me know there is an another simultaneous effort with respect to that
[22:26] <Shiju> We need more support on content part
[22:26] <Harish_> what Theater?
[22:26] <Harish_> ನಾಟಕ?
[22:26] <Shiju> especially cleaning up the introductio part
[22:26] <raama> I will do the task1
[22:26] <techfiz> Drama - ನಾಟಕ - ರಂಗಭೂಮಿ
[22:26] <Shiju> that is the core part of article
[22:26] <Shiju> and that is what most readers read
[22:27] <VASANTH> some articles are completely rewritten apart from introduction also
[22:27] <techfiz> Shiju: there was a suggestion to add a note on google translated articles to reminde users that its translated via machine tool
[22:27] <techfiz> Can we run some bot to add it up here on KN wiki?
[22:28] <raama> probably
[22:28] <Shiju> if we cleanup these articles, that is not required I guess
[22:28] <raama> :D
[22:28] <techfiz> Shiju: yes until then
[22:28] <Shiju> running bot for this is not much an issue
[22:28] <Shiju> our bot man Tejas is here
[22:28] <Shiju> :)
[22:29] <Harish_> :D
[22:31] <techfiz> :D
[22:31] <Shiju> So our project manager Harish, we shall start :)
[22:32] <Teju2friends> Hi all...
[22:32] <techfiz> Yes
[22:32] <Harish_> finally Teju2friends discovered how to respond ;-)
[22:33] <Shiju> Shiva, do not forget to send a small MOM about our major decisons
[22:33] <techfiz> Yes sir
[22:33] <Shiju> hi hi :)
[22:33] <techfiz> :)
[22:34] <techfiz> If you all permit, I shall run back now! will mail the MOM
[22:35] <techfiz> Also, I would add all of you to SIG (Special Interest Group) on Wikimedia.in
[22:35] <raama> sure :)
[22:35] <techfiz> Some of you might not be aware of this - especially VASANTH
[22:35] <Shiju> sure. Thank you all for this wonderful irc meet
[22:35] <raama> should thank you sir
[22:35] <raama> for arranging it
[22:36] <VASANTH> shiju:thank you sir for your phone call to remind me
[22:36] <Harish_> even I'm not aware of that techfiz!! Am I in there? :P
[22:37] <Shiju> :) no need to call me sir, I am also a normal wiki editor like all of you
[22:37] <techfiz> Harish_: its open for all who want to be part of special projects and out reach etc etc :)
[22:37] <Shiju> hi hi
[22:37] <techfiz> Btw there is a Bangalore Wikimeetup this Sunday
[22:37] <techfiz> and If some of you can make it to CIS that would be great!
[22:38] == Harish1 [~harish@122.172.33.44] has joined #wikipedia-kn
[22:39] <raama> yes.. I'm attending
[22:39] <techfiz> cool
[22:40] <VASANTH> sorry i am leaving thanks for all
[22:40] <raama> hope I can meet u there. swaroop is also attending I heard...
[22:40] <raama> thank u vasanth
[22:40] <Shiju> may be at al later point of time, i feel some of you have to support vasanth for a wiki workshop in mangalore
[22:40] <Shiju> that you vasnath
[22:40] * raama thanks vasanth for his time here
[22:41] <raama> yes....
[22:41] == Teju [~friends@122.172.33.44] has joined #wikipedia-kn
[22:42] <Harish1> Hello
[22:42] <techfiz> thanks all
[22:42] <Harish1> I logged in using pidgin.. thanks to Abhiraama :)
[22:42] <Shiju> :) now we have 2 harish :)
[22:42] <techfiz> VASANTH: call us in
[22:43] <Harish1> Now there's only one :)
[22:47] <Harish1> are we done?
[22:48] <raama> UR the PM here sir :P
[22:48] <Harish1> lol
[22:48] <Teju> Good night All... :)
[22:48] <Shiju> Good night all
[22:48] <raama> good night programmer :P
[22:49] == Teju [~friends@122.172.33.44] has left #wikipedia-kn []
[22:49] <raama> will contact u sooner teju:)
[22:49] <Harish1> ಎಲ್ಲರಿಗೂ ಶುಭರಾತ್ರಿ :)
[22:49] <Shiju> ಶುಭರಾತ್ರಿ
[22:49] <raama> ಶುಭರಾತ್ರಿ :)
[22:54] == VASANTH [75c670e8@gateway/web/freenode/ip.117.198.112.232] has quit [Quit: Page closed]
[22:55] == Shiju [3bb2dd48@gateway/web/freenode/ip.59.178.221.72] has quit [Quit: Page closed]