|ಈ ಲೇಖನ ಒಂದು ಚುಟುಕು. ಇದರ ಬಗ್ಗೆ ಹೆಚ್ಚಿನ ಮಾಹಿತಿ ತಿಳಿದಿದ್ದಲ್ಲಿ, ನೀವು ಈ ವಿಷಯವನ್ನು ವಿಸ್ತರಿಸಿ ಕನ್ನಡ ವಿಕಿಪೀಡಿಯ ಯೋಜನೆಯನ್ನು ಉತ್ತಮಗೊಳಿಸುವಲ್ಲಿ ಸಹಕರಿಸಬಹುದು.|
- "Definition of actor".
- Interpretation pertains to the role played, whether based on a real person or fictional character. Interpretation occurs even when the actor is 'playing themselves,' as in some forms of experimental performance art, or, more commonly, as in John Malkovich's performance in the film Being John Malkovich; to act, is to create, a character in performance: "The dramatic world can be extended to include the 'author', the 'audience' and even the 'theatre'; but these remain 'possible' surrogates, not the 'actual' referents as such" (Elam 1980, 110).
- Actors' Equity Association (AEA): a union representing U. S. theatre actors and stage managers.
- American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA): a union representing U. S. television and radio actors and broadcasters (on-air journalists, etc.).
- British Actors' Equity: a trade union representing UK artists, including actors, singers, dancers, choreographers, stage managers, theatre directors and designers, variety and circus artists, television and radio presenters, walk-on and supporting artists, stunt performers and directors and theatre fight directors.
- Media Entertainment & Arts Alliance: an Australian/New Zealand trade union representing everyone in the media, entertainment, sports, and arts industries.
- Screen Actors Guild (SAG): a union representing U. S. film and TV actors.