Jump to navigation Jump to search
- See other official names
- See European symbols 
- Only for Eurozone members and EU institutions
- Not de jure - Brussels is unofficialy referred to as The Capital of the European Union because it is the hub of EU institutions: it hosts the European Commission, the European Council, and the European Parliament.
- If counted as a single unit.
- Total: According to IMF Estimations & Reports for 2005; Per capita: According to the CIA World Factbook  Archived 2006-10-17 at the Wayback Machine..
- Estimated using members' HDI, and weighted by estimated current population.
- Would be 9th if member states were not counted.
- +1 to +3 during DST; French overseas départements, UTC −4 to +4
- Plans for a EU-wide +3 prefix were abandoned. The European Telephony Numbering Space, +388 3 is somewhat similar. Current members' codes begin with either +3 or +4.